Tuesday, February 11, 2014

New Music Tuesday!


Today's new music is from veteran artists (with a bonus track by a newer artist). First we have two tracks from Nina Persson, the lead singer of the Cardigans. Her new album is pretty great, much better than I was expecting. I'd urge you all to try the songs below and the other songs available online and consider purchasing it. 

"Food For The Beast" is a upbeat Abba-esque tune that is addictive and gets better with each listen.


My first thoughts upon hearing "Clip Your Wings" was Fleetwood Mac meets Ellie Goulding, which is a great combination of influences. I love how the song slowly builds and then really takes off at 2:50 or so. 




The next new song is from Belinda Carlisle, lead singer of The Go-Gos and an established solo artist. It's a great ballad that really showcases her unusual voice. Click the link below to open the YouTube video - for whatever reason it's not able to be embedded. 




I'd be remiss in not mentioning this last track, since I've listened to it approximately 1.4 million times this week. It has a retro 80's/90s vibe so it fits thematically in this list, even though it's from a newer artist. 


Is there a new song that has caught your ear lately? Tell me about it in the comments and thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. Love Nina Persson CD! It just arrived...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listened to it all again today while I was working! It's really quite good. I never was a big fan of the Cardigans, even though I had at least one of their CDs, but I do really like this album.

      Delete