Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New Release Tuesday


1) The title track of the new Bangles CD - very low-fi and unpolished but I sorta love it. It's nice not to hear Autotune once in a while!


2) Mayer Hawthorne falls somewhere on the blue-eyed soul spectrum between Daryl Hall and Robin Thicke. This song from his new CD has a great Motown sound.


3) My favorite kind of Beatles song - a cover by someone else :-) Roberta Flack still sounds great after all these years.


4) No one can replace the late great Teena Marie, but Marsha Ambrosius (best known from the duo Floetry) is giving it her best shot. This song and her cd is not new but I've been listening to it a lot. I also love that she is not typically pretty (although I think she's beautiful) and also not a stick figure. The safe-sex message of the video rocks as well

No comments:

Post a Comment