Saturday, September 3, 2011

Birthday Countdown 2001

Another song that could have been earlier in the countdown!

Emotion was originally recorded by Samantha Sang in 1978, and was written by the Bee Gees, who also lent backing vocals to that recording. The Bee Gees and Destiny's Child both released versions of the song in 2001, but only the Destiny's Child cover charted, reaching #10.

Why do I like it? I always liked the original version, and Beyonce & Co. took the song to a new level. Each of the members get a solo verse, but as usual it's Mrs. Jay-Z that steals the show in the end - it's most likely in her contract!

About my version - I used the competition cut version of this song, as it is super repetitive and quite long. I used the Destiny's Child version as a starting point and sorta did my own thing, to varied levels of success. I'm not mad at it, but I don't this this song is exactly for me. 6 out of 10.



Tomorrow - Same predicament as yesterday - I've done songs by all these artists already! Won't you please keep those ideas coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment