Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday Reading

I read an article this summer that I've revisited several times since and that I've been meaning to share. It's a bit long but is extremely interesting (to me, at least) and discusses what has been called at various points in history "the rat race" or "keeping up with the Joneses".  You can read it for yourself at the following link:

 The Medium Chill

Even after re-reading it several times, I'm still unsure of my opinion about what the author is saying. A part of me completely agrees that there comes a point where you have just enough to make you happy and anything else is just icing on the cake, and another part of me likes icing a lot and thinks that it is the best part! And now I want cake.... I hate food references!

ANYWAY - I'd love to get some other opinions on this article and what the author calls "the medium chill". Are you living in that sweet spot, still trying to get there, or pushing ever ahead to the next level?

No comments:

Post a Comment