Friday, September 9, 2011

Birthday Countdown 2007

Mika's debut album was a huge global hit in 2007, making him the highest selling male artist of the year over other stars like Justin Timberlake and Eminem. It's really a wonderful thing and if you don't have it, you should at least try out some of the songs on YouTube. If Freddy Mercury and Erasure had a baby, Mika would be it. 


My Interpretation was not a single, but is one of my favorite songs from the CD. It's basically about being just completely over someone - here's the chorus:


'Cause I don't care if I ever talk to you again.
This is not about emotion,
I don't need a reason not to care what you say,
Or what happened in the end.
This is my interpretation,
It don't, don't make sense. 



Why do I like it? I think the music is pretty and I like the contrast with the harsh lyrics.


About my version - Lots of back and forth into falsetto in this song, which is a tough thing for me! While it's not all executed as smoothly as I would like, I really liked singing this and would want to do it again with a little more time for practice, etc. I'd have to say this is one of my favorites - 8 out of 10.






Tomorrow - Just 4 more days! This year has a lot of great songs to choose from!

















No comments:

Post a Comment