Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Birthday Countdown 2004

I don't know what I was doing in 2004, but it certainly wasn't listening to music. Luckily, the last single from Shania Twain's 2002 mega-hit CD Up was released in 2004, and so that's what I'll be singing today!

It Doesn't Hurt When I'm Breathing is actually one of my least favorite songs from Up, but it is such a spectacular CD that it's still a decent song. It does get a bit repetitive but it is short. Also, it actually has an end instead of fading away into the distance. Songs really should have an end.

Why do I like it? It's a ballad and it's the lite-rock type of country music I prefer.

About my version - This was pretty simple - almost like a palate cleanser. There's some nice modulation but it's not exactly challenging. I probably would do this again for karaoke - 7 out of 10.



Tomorrow - One sad song on my little list, and I really do not want to sing it, so how's about some ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment