Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Birthday Countdown 2011

Adele's CD "21" has reigned supreme for me this year, so it's only fitting that the last song in the countdown is the closing song from that album. "Someone Like You" is also the current #1 song in the country, propelled to the top by Adele's sublime performance on the VMA's a couple of weeks ago - one of the few bright spots on that telecast.

Why do I like it? It's an amazing song - simple and timeless. It could have been written any time in the last 40 years, or in the next 40.

About my version - There's no way to match Adele's stunning live versions, but I do my best. And - I manage to not burst into tears! I'll surely be singing this in karaoke bars around the world for years to come. 8 out of 10




Tomorrow - Nothing! I'll be taking a break for the rest of the week, and then actual blogging with words and stuff will resume next Monday. Thanks to all of you that have visited, watched and commented, I really appreciate it. I hope you've found some enjoyment in my little self-indulgent exercise. I'd love to know which were your favorite and least favorite songs - leave a comment, won't you please?

No comments:

Post a Comment