Sunday, September 4, 2011

Birthday Countdown 2002

I delayed today's recording to later in the day to recover from a night of violent laughter and conversation that caused a touch of vocal distress. Mistress Dale of Pittsfield had suggested the John Mayer song No Such Thing  for today, and although I was not familiar with it, I thought it would be fun to try. Just not happening today, just too weak- so instead you get something easier but still fun.

Soak Up The Sun was the first Sheryl Crow song I really liked. It's a perfect summer song and a great choice for this last holiday weekend of summer.

Why do I like it? I like the beat, the lyrics, and the words "diddly squat".

About my version - This song has a limited range, just right for someone with a touch of sore throat. My tiny cat was freaking out a bit, playing with the ring in the curtain,  and I was a bit distracted and goofed up the words a little, but overall I liked this one and would do it again. 7 out of 10.



Tomorrow - In looking at songs for today, I found the perfect song for tomorrow! If I'm not too hoarse still...

No comments:

Post a Comment