Saturday, September 10, 2011

Birthday Countdown 2008

Someone sang Memory on America Idol in 2008, so I can do it too :-)

Memory is from the Broadway smash hit Cats, of course, but I am most familiar with the Barbra version. I've been singing along to this song for nearly 30 years but have never sang it, as I am not a cat.

Why do I like it? It's a Broadway, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Barbra triple scoop of awesome, what's not to like?

About my version - ...except for the key, which is for a Broadway mezzo from hell. As I am none of those things, I feel like I am growling my way through most of it. This is a cut version, which doesn't give a lot of time to build to the wonderful conclusion, but it's also a lot easier for you and for me :-) If the occasion arises, I will certainly sing this again - or maybe just in my living room again. But either way, I love this song and so I'll give my rendition an 8 out of 10.



Tomorrow - 3 days to go! These recent years are hard because I've used up a lot of my favorite artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment