Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Birthday Countdown 1976

Thanks to my sister for helping me pick out today's song - I had several options but none of them really jumped out at me. As soon as I read the title in the list she sent, I recalled how much I liked this song when I was a kid.

Let Your Love Flow by the Bellamy Brothers was a huge hit in 1976, both in the US and internationally. It was a minor hit again in the UK as recent as 2008.

Why do I like it? It has a great forward momentum and cheerful lyrics. It vaguely reminds me of one of my alternative songs for today, Afternoon Delight, minus the innuendo. Plus, I almost never sing upbeat songs, so it's a welcome change!

About my version - I don't think I have heard this song since the late 1970's, so I'm not quite as familiar with it as most of the others I've done so far. It's not exactly my normal style, but it was lots of fun, and I would probably do this again at karaoke night. This was the first and only take for this and as such could be better, but I'd still give it a 7 out of 10.



Tomorrow - I have a song picked out, but if anyone has suggestions for 1977 let me know. It was fun to do something unexpected!

2 comments:

  1. a guilty pleasure of a song, I quite enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I remember that I like it, it's been in my head all day!

    ReplyDelete