Sunday, August 21, 2011

Birthday Countdown 1988

I waited until the afternoon to have a chance to be properly warmed up - I was planning to sing A Little Respect by Erasure - I could have waited until the Zombie Apocalyspe and still would be unable to hit the top note of that song LOL Anyway... I will have to revisit Erasure in a later year, when Andy Bell has calmed his ass down.

Today's alternate song is Whitney Houston's Where Do Broken Hearts Go. I listened to the record (yes, it was a record) that this song was on a million times. I sure do miss that voice  :-(

Why do I like it? Great ballad, great voice - what's not to like? Sure it's schmaltzy, but that is just my thing, if you haven't realized that!

About my version - PTL for the competition cut! All the best parts, no waiting - it's a musical express lane! I'm bummed that my first choice didn't pan out, but this turned out so much better that it must be fate. It's my normal genre of mid-tempo ballad, so it gets a 7.5 of 10 from me. I'd do it again, up a key for comfort.


Tomorrow - High school graduation year! If only I was 11 years younger I could do Vitamin C's song. Alas, I am older than dirt, and will instead do something else. I don't know what yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment