Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Birthday Countdown 1997

All Cried Out was actually on my list for 1985 - the original version by Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam - but I saved the song for this year, when the R &B groups Allure & 112 covered it. The cover was actually a bigger hit than the original (#4 compared to #8) but I would guess many have forgotten it.

Why Do I Like It - It's an 80's classic, covered by Mariah Carey's girl group... duh! In Allure's version, Mariah can be heard doing many of the background vocals.


About my version - I forgot that this was a duet so it got a bit confusing when there were two parts to sing at once, as I am not able to do that! But I did a combo of each of them and it's good enough for me (low standards). I don't think I'd do this again, but I don't hate it. 6 out of 10.



Tomorrow - Some really good options, but nothing definite yet. Suggest away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment