Sunday, August 14, 2011

Birthday Countdown 1981

It's ABBA day!

The Winner Takes It All was ABBA's last top 10 hit in the US, peaking in March 1981. It's one of their biggest hits, out of a long long list of great songs.

Why do I like it? This is my favorite ABBA song, which is saying a lot as I love them all. I like everything about it (except the key, which is a bit low for me). Meryl Streep did a fabulous job with it in the movie version of Mamma Mia.

About my version - Lots of words! I skipped a line at some point, due to being distracted by my oldest cat, who makes a cameo appearance at the end of the video. As I said above, this is a low key for me, but I would do it again for karaoke night for sure, since a microphone could amplify the lower notes. I never realized this song was so long either! But I still love it, even if my performance was somewhat lacking. 7/10



Tomorrow - There will be dancing, most likely. I actually know exactly what I'm singing - no 80's countdown is complete without this one!

2 comments:

  1. if you do Come On Eileen tomorrow, I insist that you place a photo of Madame Eileen Saddler French behind you! And the cat today makes up for the lack of cosh-tume

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked for something to wear to represent "the coshtume of Frida" but had nothing ABBA-rific enough!

    ReplyDelete