Sunday, August 28, 2011

Birthday Countdown 1995

So many great songs from this year - so there's two videos today - each featuring a guest cat!

No More I Love You's was the first single from the second Annie Lennox solo album. I personally think it's one of her finest songs and the video is amazing. To Love You more by Celine Dion is a great song as well, if somewhat more commercial, and features a great violin solo.

Why do I like them? Annie and Celine are both fabulous singers. To Love You More is the kind of orchestral pop that I'm drawn to, and No More I Love You's is so lyrically odd and has a great melody.

About my versions - I did To Love You More first, choosing to do the cut version as the original is very long with lengthy instrumental sections. My big kitty came in at the end just in time for a cuddle. That song was so short that I did No More I Love You's as a bonus. My little kitty was less willing to appear in this one but did enjoy looking at the camera at the end. I'm pretty pleased with these recordings, even with some bad notes and missed lyrics, and would enjoy doing them again. I give them each 7 out of 10.




Tomorrow - I've been waiting to sing this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment