Saturday, August 20, 2011

Birthday Countdown 1987

After focusing on her acting career for several years, Cher made her musical comeback in 1987 with I Found Someone, a song originally written by Michael Bolton for Laura Branigan - that's some lite rock legacy. If only Diane Warren had co-wrote, it would be a trifecta!

Why do I like it? I just love Cher in all things -she has the most unique voice in pop music - instantly recognizable, often imitated, never duplicated. The song's pretty good too, but it's the singer that really makes it.

About my version - And my singing does not make it LOL Yet again, it's the faux rock style that I do so poorly! Like a moth to a flame... But it's not the worse thing I've ever sung (please see 1973 or either video for 1975) so I'll be kind and give it a 6.5 out of 10. Unless I'm listening to Cher's version and singing along, I won't be doing this again.



Tomorrow - Tons of choices - one that stands out above the rest, if I can find music for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment