Thursday, August 18, 2011

Birthday Countdown 1985

For today's rock performance, I am again wearing my Trapper Jack Lite Rock WLTF 106½ © jeans jacket.

What About Love is not my favorite Heart song, but I've sung Alone once for karaoke (about a year ago at Strike Out Lanes, in fact!) so this song is the default. I'm a long-time Heart fan, so I was looking forward to this.

Why do I like it? Ann Wilson is such a great singer, and she does this kind of music so well. It's got some terrific guitar playing by Nancy, and builds to a nice finish.

About my version - This is the second take - the first featured me on air guitar (!), an instrument I have never attempted. Upon review it looked more like air violin or perhaps air flute, which is just not right, and so I re-recorded it. I did save the original recording in case anyone ever needs cheering up. I am clearly not a rock singer - there's no edge at all to my voice and I'm a bit too formal for the genre. Also, the ending is a bit of a mess, if I do say so myself, but this was a really fun one, and I would do it again for karaoke (or just in my living room) - 7.5 out of 10.



Tomorrow - I have 11 options for 1986 - I am leaning towards one in particular but it may be too ridiculous. As if such a thing exists LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment