Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Hate August 1985


Fair ends and then
It's the first day back
Everything else is different, so maybe I am too
But through the morning I wonder
Who will be the first

Homeroom, lockers, schedules, books
So many new places and faces
The golden rule says do unto others
So I ignore you 
Hoping to be ignored too
Who will be the first

Walking down the hall
Seeking a safe place 
And then
Fag 
Fruitcake
Fairy
Why do they all start with "F"

So it's more of the same
The only fresh part of this start
Is that I can close off my heart
But I can hear what you say
And I know what you mean

I know I am strange
and that I move generously
and speak with an accent that you can't quite place
but
I am a real person
not a science project to dissect and discard

I act like someday I will be happy
When you get the payback for all you've said to me
because in every life
even yours
 some rain must fall

But really I'm just sad
Because of the lessons that school has taught me
it's Do unto others before they do unto you
that stands above them all



















No comments:

Post a Comment