Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Birthday Countdown 1984

They Don't Know was written by Kirsty MacColl, who also wrote another fun song called In These Shoes, later covered by Bette Midler. But the version of They Don't Know that I really love is Tracey Ullman's. Prior to her comedy career, she had a brief but successful music career. I forget about this song now and then but it's always a joy to rediscover.

Why do I like it? It's 60's retro style is just my thing, and it was the theme for Tracey Takes On, which aired on on HBO for 4 years.

About my version - We have another special (unwilling) guest - this time it's my Little Kitty. He sticks around just out of frame after his cameo. I used the iPad for lyrics more than normal, as I just could not remember what went where! This was another really fun song to sing, and not especially difficult, so it makes a great karaoke piece. 7/10



Tomorrow - I return to the rock arena!

No comments:

Post a Comment