Monday, August 22, 2011

Birthday Countdown 1989

Aspects of Love was Andrew Lloyd Webber's next musical after Phantom. It's mostly forgettable, in my opinion, with the exception of the song "Love Changes Everything," which is today's selection.

Why do I like it? It's a song I've always felt like I perform well, but have just never had the need or opportunity to do it. The range is exactly in the best parts of my voice. I think the lyrics are well-written too - it's not the normal syrupy love song, but more about how love can completely change the course of a life.

About my version - Even with the early hour and the limitations of my living room recording studio, I must say that I love this. There are some notes that would come out better with more warm-up and practice, of course, but overall this is (to me) the best thing I've done so far in this countdown, and one of the few I can listen to without cringing. I'll give it an overly generous 9 out of 10 and will be doing it again for sure when the chance arises.



Tomorrow - It's the 1990's! And I have no idea what I'm singing...

No comments:

Post a Comment