Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Birthday Countdown 1991

Here's an Erasure song I can (almost) sing! 

Love To Hate You is one of my favorite Erasure songs, from list of many great songs. Not my absolute favorite, whish is A Little Respect, but this one is slightly lower and easier to sing.

Why so I like it? Erasure's songs are generally upbeat musically but often have lyrics that are more darker in subject matter. The juxtaposition of the two make them interesting to me. 

About my version - Male pop singers sing very high, partly due to the ability to amplify the sound with a microphone and also because higher vocals stand out more in general. Without a microphone, this level of pitch can be difficult for me to sing without going into head voice or falsetto, which is tonally much different and not always appealing (think Tiny Tim). I loved singing this and think I would do it again in a heartbeat, hopefully later than 7:45 AM. I'll give it a generous 7.5 out of 10 for the potential and for the fun. 



Tomorrow - Lots of choices again! I have it narrowed down to 8...

No comments:

Post a Comment